Hello! I’m Ev some have you may have met me at Firefly before, if you haven’t I am one of the freelance make-up artists in the team!
I’ve been doing make-up for about 4 years now. I am really lucky to say I have worked with so many different people.
At Firefly I’m really proud to say we get a good mixture of ages. Especially a lot of very young ladies who are still at school come for a makeovers. I love finding out about each and every single person, their personality, what they like and what they don’t like and things they would like to try make-up and hair wise! That is definitely the fun bit! For me and what I like to tell people when I speak about my work as a make-up artist is that make-up only enhances what really is already there!!
Ev’s 5 top tips!
Some of the things I get asked a lot of is what is in my kit, products and my favourites. I have a few top tips.
– Get yourself a selection of different brushes. I work with synthetic ones and they don’t have to be expensive! If I am honest my brushes are from all over the place- you really don’t need to be spending £30 on one brush from Mac.. Also a fine paintbrush is perfect for that winged eyeliner!
– NYX Liquid lipsticks are amazing, I love them. They are affordable and so long lasting. I know if I use them they are not going to budge. Also great advice- if your skin is a little dry and you want a flush of colour on your cheeks use a little liquid lipstick. It will create a dewy glow instead of using a powder which might sit in those dry areas!
– With mature skin I absolutely adore Bare Mineral’s Serum foundation. It’s literally amazing. It’s not too heavy which really lifts the colour of the skin making it just glow and if I rub a bit on my neck and arms it really helps to give some colour on the skin without looking like fake tan!
– One holy grail product I would need be without is Smash boxes eye shadow primer. Your eye shadow will last and look so much more vibrant with this. It’s pretty strong stuff so make sure you set the area with a neutral powder first before applying those colours to the lids!
– I always get asked… Do you have a favourite brand? Answer is NO! I definitely like a lot of things from lots of brands but there are things I don’t like in each brand. I have high street stuff in my kit too!
It’s also important to remember skin is skin! No one has completely flawless skin, we all have pores, we all get blemishes, we all have different skin types. Most important thing to remember is good make-up goes hand in hand with skin care. I’m not talking about sorting out acne or banishing wrinkles, we all get those! I’m on about skin condition and getting to know your skin. Is it oily, dry, dehydrated etc?
Did you know…
A very common misconception is people think that they have lot of people actually have very dehydrated skin but mistake it for oily, so they tend to strip the skin back with toners or apply the wrong types of products to their skin. You don’t need all these serums and masks that instagram tells you, just get yourself the core products that work for you!
You should always still feel like yourself with and without make-up and if you can use make-up as a tool to give you confidence then why not- it can be your warpaint to face the day.
Our aim is to get as many men and women to be bold by embracing a photoshoot at Firefly Photography. We have so many shapes sizes & styles come through our studio doors and it’s time to show those who are too scared to pick up the phone that they can do it too (and we’re rather lovely to talk to!). To arrange a FREE, no obligation, chat by phone about what photoshoot we can offer you simply enter your details below and a member of the Firefly team will be in touch. #BeBoldBeYou Experiences are priced at £59. Our bookings team are available Wednesday through to Saturday from 10am until 5pm except for Saturdays when we close at 4pm.